Data Now and Forever
Bionics, Autonomous Vehicles, and Augmented Reality? Company President and Futurist on the Future World of Data.
Autonomous cars, biotechnology and more. We asked two people intimately familiar with data and its impact on tomorrow about the possibilities that excite them—Mike Cordano, President and Chief Operating Officer of Western Digital, and Jason Silva, futurist, acclaimed TV host and data personality. Mike and Jason sat down and were tasked to blindly select provocative questions from a bowl of data-related queries. Read on to see their surprising reactions and answers!
The First Hello and Talking Data
1) Mike meet Jason, Jason meet Mike. Now that you both are friends, please share with us, what does the state of data look like right now?
What’s the True Value of Data?
2) Mike, Jason, is raw data inherently valuable?
Would You Go Bionic?
3) Mike and Jason, if you could use biosensors to improve just one of your senses, which sense would it be?
A Couple Qs on an Autonomous Future
4) First up, should we continue our pursuit of autonomous cars?
5) Next, suppose there comes a day where you have your own fully autonomous car. Where would be the first place that you would visit?
Final Qs on the Power of Data
6) Okay, Mike and Jason, imagine a world where our data lives forever. What do you think a future with ever-living data means?
7) It’s the year 2049. The world will probably look much different than it does now. What do you think the world will look like?
Agree or disagree with Mike and Jason’s insights? There is no shortage of thoughts on how our world could be shaped by data and technology over the next few decades. Now, it’s your turn! Drop us a comment below to share your thoughts!
Check Back Here July 9th!
Check back with us on July 9th to hear from Jason Silva and our special guest, a Senior Vice President from Western Digital. We’ll see you then!
Certain blog and other posts on this website may contain forward-looking statements, including statements relating to expectations in the market for our products and applications of our products. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements, including development challenges or delays, changes in markets, demand, global economic conditions and other risks and uncertainties listed in Western Digital Corporation’s most recent quarterly and annual reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, to which your attention is directed. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements and we undertake no obligation to update these forward-looking statements to reflect subsequent events or circumstances.