Event Replay: Women in Data Science 2018!
The Global Women in Data Science (WiDS) Conference aims to inspire and educate data scientists worldwide, regardless of gender, and support women in the field. This annual one-day technical conference provides an opportunity to hear about the latest data science related research and applications in a broad set of domains. All genders are invited to participate in the conference, which features exclusively female speakers.
Keynote speakers include Latanya Sweeney of Harvard University, Jia Li of Google Cloud, and Leda Braga of Systematica Investments. See the full list of speakers.
We had a great time at WiDS 2018 learning and being inspired from some of the brightest minds in data science! Check out the full replay of the global data science conference below!
1. Opening Remarks: Margot Gerritsen, Senior Associate Dean and Director of ICME, Stanford University
2. Welcome Address: Maria Klawe, President, Harvey Mudd College
3. Technical Vision Talk: Mala Anand, EVP, President, SAP Leonardo Data Analytics
4. Technical Vision Talk: Lada Adamic, Research Scientist Manager, Facebook
5. Winner Announcement: WiDS Datathon
6. Technical Vision Talk: Nathalie Henry Riche, Researcher, Microsoft Research
7. Technical Vision Talk: Daniela Witten, Associate Professor of Statistics and Biostatistics, University of Washington
8. Keynote Address: Latanya Sweeney, Professor of Government and Technology in Residence, Harvard University
9. Keynote Address: Jia Li, Head of Cloud R&D, Cloud AI, Google
10. Technical Vision Talk: Bhavani Thuraisingham, Professor of Computer Science and Executive and Director of Cyber Research and Education Institute, University of Texas at Dallas
11. Technical Vision Talk: Elena Grewal, Head of Data Science, Airbnb
12. Career Panel:
- Bhavani Thuraisingham, Professor of Computer Science and Executive and Director of Cyber Research and Education Institute, University of Texas at Dallas
- Ziya Ma, Vice President of Software and Services Group and Director of Big Data Technologies, Intel Corporation
- Elena Grewal, Head of Data Science, Airbnb
- Jennifer Prendki, Head of Data Science, Atlassian
13. Technical Vision Talk: Risa Wechsler, Associate Professor of Physics, Stanford University
14. Technical Vision Talk: Dawn Woodard, Senior Data Science Manager of Maps, Uber
15. Closing Remarks: Margot Gerritsen, Senior Associate Dean and Director of ICME, Stanford University
Subscribe to our blog below to uncover inspiring stories about the possibilities of data!